They have a couple of new statues located outside the back entrance of the Museum of Fine Arts (MFA). They are called Indian Hunter and Pronghorn Antelope.
“In 1917, an original pair of sculptures Indian Hunter and Pronghorn Antelope were commissioned from the artist (Paul H. Manship) by Herbert L. Pratt of Glen Cove, N.Y.; in 1945 these were bequeathed from Pratt’s estate to the Mead Art Museum of Amherst College. In 2001, Amherst College entered an agreement with Graham Gund to permit an edition of two to be made from the original sculptures, with the condition that they would be donated to charitable institutions.”
Leave a Reply